Semester 1 (July to November) - content of these modules will be decided by Lexicon. Level of study should be post-gradudate equivalent.
Successful completion of this semseter should invite a Lexicon approved PG Cert qualification, which will open entry to USW element.
- Leadership and Management.
- Marketing Management.
- Operations Management.
- Financial Analysis.
- specialization 1.
January: Transition period from India to UK for February start
Semester 2 (February to May) - content will be USW driven
- Global Strategy
- De-globalization and protectionism.
- Internationalization approach and developing a global strategy.
- Emerging markets.
- Tools for Strategic Macro-environment analysis.
- Tools for Competitor and market analysis.
- Global branding approach.
- Global channel management and entry modes.
- Overcoming uncertainty and resource scarcity.
- Global culturesand management influences.
- Specialisms (choose any one among the given options) -
- Strategic International Marketing.
- Emerging trends in Marketing.
- Strategic Operations Management and Operational research.
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management.
- Corporate Finance.
- Financial Management/ Corporate Governance.
- Human Resource Management:
- Performance Management.
- Leading, Managing and Developing people.
Semester 3 (Internship or Applied consultancy project) -
- Internship - Internships will be available for students to gain valuable work experience and apply the learnt theories. The internship will be available via the Business clinic and will be competitive in nature. This means there will be an interview based on which a student will be selected. Our internships are available in UK, EU and USA.The business clinic sources unpaid UK based internships, whereas we work with a third-party provider (ESPA) for EU internships
which is unpaid but chosen students are provided with private room in a professional house share with paid utility and Wi-Fi bills, the USA internship is based on the Wall Street in New York (heart of the US financial markets) via a third-party service provider for a specific fee (this internship is paid).
- Management research project/ Applied consultancy.
- In this supervised and taught module, explore the concept, theories and practice of project management and consultancy skills whilst building on the research methodological skills and requirements of critical debate established throughout the program. Learn how these key skills are vital within a business context to ensure rigorous decision making.
Note: The above content is copyright USW and cannot be duplicated without permission and due acknowledgement of source. This is a tentative draft structure and content which is subject to successful validation.